Pages

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Come Unto Christ

Nobody is perfect. Nobody can go through life without hypocrisy. So as children of God when we are asked to be perfect many of us ask “how could we possibly fulfill this impossible task?” Well, the way we get everything done. It is always the first step in everything spiritually related. I think our Savior, Jesus Christ, says it best in Matthew 11:28-30:


Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”


The only way for us to return to our Heavenly Father is through Christ. We are all hypocrites, but through Christ we can be forgiven for our mistakes. I love the scripture Hebrews 8:12:


"For I will be merciful to their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more."


Some may say “How can you tell me not to do something that you did before?” The answer is  because we have repented and we know better now. Who better to teach people than someone who has actually gone through that difficulty? It's difficult when we are being told not to do something to say how can you tell me not to if you did it , but we need to try our hardest not to judge them we are not the judge. The only one who can judge is Christ. And he says John 8:16:
 
 And yet if I ajudge, my bjudgment is true: for I am not calone, but I and the Father that sent me.
 
I love how Christ handles this situation when the Pharisees  tried to catch him making a mistake he said in John 8:2-12:
And early in the morning he came again into the atemple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.
 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a awoman taken in badultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
 Now Moses in the alaw commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger awrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without asin among you, let him bfirst cast a cstone at her.
 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own aconscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
 10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
 11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I acondemn thee: go, and bsin no cmore.
 12 ¶Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the alight of the world: he that followeth me shall not bwalk in cdarkness, but shall have the light of life.
 
I know that through the power of the atonement we can return to our heavenly father. I know I am a hypocrite, but through Christ I hope I won't be. In the name of Jesus Christ amen.
 
 
Sources:
http://www.lds.org/scriptures/nt/john/8.1-11?lang=eng
http://www.ldsliberty.org/so-what-if-were-wrong/christ-2/


No comments:

Post a Comment